The page with information about the 4.8 release was published this week. After that, the final release is planned for June 8.
- Discuss what must be provided as the “base” APIs to provide similar functionality in the browser as what’s available in PHP
- Decide patterns and tools / frameworks to accommodate modern and future requirements
- Understand how plugins and themes plan to use the browser context to avoid conflicts and incompatibilities
Dev chat from Mai 3
The first topic was the published page about the upcoming WordPress 4.8. According to this, the first 4.8 beta is planned for Mai 12 and the final release for June 8. It would be ideal if the new release would contain the TinyMCE inline element/link boundaries, the media widgets, WYSIWYG for the text widget and the WordPress events update for the news widget.
More info about the meeting can be found in the post »Dev Chat Summary: May 3rd (4.8 week 1)« by Jeffrey Paul.
- »Dev Chat Summary: April 19th (4.7.4 week 7)«.
- »Dev Chat Summary: April 26th (4.7.4 week 8)«.
- »Editor: How Little Blocks Work«. The post summarizes the logic, which will stand behind the block editor.
- »New handbook pages«. The new pages should provide helpful information for new and existing contributors.
- »Help write the usability scripts for alpha testing of gutenberg«.
- »2016 in Review«. The post shows how much plugins were submitted, rejected, closed and approved.