This week, the theme review team asked for feedback if custom blocks for the new editor should be allowed in themes that are hosted in the WordPress.org theme repo.
- »Media Meeting Recap – March 1«.
- »Updated REST API Team Meeting Time«
- »Dev Chat Summary: March 7th (4.9.5 week 5)«. There was a discussion if new files/features could be added within a minor release, so they do not need to wait until Gutenberg is ready.
Theme review team
Should custom blocks be allowed in W.org themes
The theme review team needs to decide if it should allow custom blocks in themes for the WordPress.org repo or not. The team members are asking for views and suggestions from the community, more on that in the post »Getting ready for Gutenberg« by Nilambar Sharma.
So if you have an opinion on that topic, write a comment to his post.
- »WordCamp Fundraising Research«.
- »WordCamp Volunteer Guidelines relating to GPL«.
- »WordPress Community Code of Conduct Survey Draft«.
- »Recap of the Diversity Outreach Speaker Training meeting on March 7th, 2018«.