This week, Gutenberg 3.0 was released. With that, it is possible to specify blocks as child blocks of other blocks, so they only will be visible in the block inserter when the parent block is selected.
- »PHP Meeting Recap – May 28th«. The team discussed the feature to disable plugin installs if the server PHP version does not match the minimum required PHP version of the plugin.
- »What’s new in Gutenberg? (5th June)«. Among other things, the block inserter was redesigned and there was added support for child blocks.
- »PHP Meeting Recap – June 4th«. The team continued to discuss the preventing of installing a plugin if the PHP version or WordPress version does not match the required versions.
- »Dev Chat Summary: June 6th (4.9.7 week 3)«.
Theme review team
- »Small Trusted Authors change«. Trusted Authors can submit a theme once a week now, instead of once every two weeks.
- »Recap of the Diversity Outreach Speaker Training meeting on May 30th, 2018«.
- »Announcing a new personalized schedule tool for WordCamps«.
- »Office Hours during WordCamp Europe«.
- »Call for active deputies – Chat Recaps«.
- »WordCamp Europe 2018 – Squad Goals«.