Because of the larger amount of new code in 4.9.6, the team decided to disable the automatic updates for a day to wait for incoming issues. There were some issues with plugins that use the wrong hook for the new privacy features that caused a white screen, so the team kept the feature disabled.
- »PHP Meeting Recap – May 21st«. The team discussed the design of the info page and possibilities to dynamically adapt its content based on the passed PHP version as a GET parameter.
- »Dev Chat Summary: May 23rd (4.9.7 week 1)«. The auto-update feature for 4.9.6 was not enabled to wait if there are issues with the larger amount of code that was introduced. There were issues with plugins that use the wrong hook for hooking into the new privacy feature, so the automatic updates remained off. The potential focusses for 4.9.7 are GDPR fixes and an update of TinyMCE.
- »Dev Chat Summary: May 30th (4.9.7 week 2)«. There were no bigger issues reported with 4.9.6 that would create the need of a quick 4.9.7 release, so the team plans with a four to six weeks release cycle for 4.9.7.
- »Agenda for HelpHub Meeting 28 May 2018«. It was planned to release the first version of HelpHub by the end of May, but it was moved back for a week.
Theme review team
- »Discussion: Changes to WordCamp attendee life-threatening allergy and special accommodations notifications«.