The WordPress 4.9 release will contain a few improvements for the account security.
Improvements for account security in 4.9
WordPress 4.9 will contain a few account security improvements, related to changing the email address of an account. From 4.9 on, changing a user’s email address, the site admin address or the email address from the network admin, now require a click on a confirmation link that is sent to the new email address.
Besides that, the old site admin email address gets an email on change, and emails that are sent to the old email address include the new address now. More on that in the post »Account Security Improvements in WordPress 4.9« by John Blackbourn.
- »PHP Meeting Recap – October 2nd«. The team talked about the »Before Upgrading PHP« section, which should contain things like doing backups, running all available updates for plugins, themes, and core, et cetera.
- »Multisite Recap for the week of October 2nd«.
- »Multisite Recap for the week of October 9th«.
- »What’s new in Gutenberg? (October 10th)«.
- »Dev Chat Summary: October 11th (4.9 week 11)«.
- »WordPress 4.9 Beta 2«.
Theme review team
- »Meeting notes for 2017 October 10«. It is now allowed to use Pixabay images.