The first beta of WordPress 4.9 was released, and the core team needs your help testing it.
WordPress 4.9 Beta 1
On October 5, the core team published the first beta version of WordPress 4.9. The new version contains customizer improvements, like drafting and scheduling of customizer changes, frontend preview without being logged in, and autosaving of revisions.
Besides that and other changes, it comes with the new gallery widget, supports shortcodes in text widgets, and oEmbeds outside the post content. Much more about the new version in the post »WordPress 4.9 Beta 1« by Jeffrey Paul. Testing needed!
- »Multisite Recap for the week of September 25th«.
- »What’s new in Gutenberg (4th October)«.
- »Dev Chat Summary: October 4th (4.9 week 10)«. The second beta for 4.9 is planned for October 11.
- »Media meeting recap – October 5, 2017«.
- »Daniel likes these issues«. A few issues, Daniel Bachhuber would like to see fixed in the next WP-CLI release.