This week the core team integrated the gallery widget into the core – it will be part of WordPress 4.9.
WordPress 4.9 will introduce a gallery widget. After the widgets for displaying an image, video, and audio, this is the fourth media widget. The widget re-uses the same modals, which are used for adding and editing galleries in the post editor.
You can read more about that in the post »Introducing the Gallery widget« by Weston Ruter.
- »PHP Meeting Recap – September 18th«. The team discussed the draft document for the PHP »servehappy« page.
- »PHP Meeting Recap – September 25th«.
- »Customize Meeting Summary: September 25th«.
- »What’s new in Gutenberg 27th September«.
- »Dev Chat Summary: September 27th (4.9 week 9)«.
Theme review team
Checksums project for plugins and themes
The WP-CLI currently allows users to verify the integrity of WordPress core via checking the checksum of the installation with
wp checksum core.
Now Alain Schlesser announces a project to extend this feature to plugins and themes so that the user can check the integrity of a whole WordPress installation. Much more information about that can be found in his post »WordPress Plugin and Theme Checksums Project – Announcement«.