The attendees of the PHP meeting discussed various topics about getting users to newer PHP versions again to increase the minimum PHP version of WordPress.
PHP meeting from July 24
Once again, the meeting topics were about upgrading the minimum supported PHP version. The team defined problems which are caused by outdated PHP versions, discussed how to inform the users again and that there should not be a plugin header for tested up to PHP version.
More about the meeting in Felix Arntz’s post »PHP Meeting Recap – July 24th«.
- »New Contributors Meeting Recap – July 19«.
- »Dev Chat Summary: July 26th (4.8.1 week 6)«. The 4.8.1 release is planned for Tuesday, August 1.
- »New Contributors Meeting Recap – July 26«.
- »What’s new in Gutenberg? (28th July)«. Among other changes, the team added a grid layout option for the latest posts block and auto save for drafts.
- »Multisite Recap for the week of July 23rd«.
- »We’re in hard string freeze for 4.8.1 – Prepare your locales for the the release«.
- »Notes from the Polyglots Chats on July 26«.
- »Notes from the WP Translation Day Chat on July 19«.